The following links provide access to helpful software and information regarding legal entities, statues, business income taxes, licenses, permits, ordinances, regulations and other issues which may impact your business. Products are not specifically endorsed by SCORE and are provided here for convenience.
Check List: How to Start a Business in Southern Nevada
Internal Revenue Service
- The IRS maintains a useful web-site to assist the small business owner with a variety of tax information. This includes information on applying for an EIN. Information is available in the form of publications, videos and schedules for events and webinars.
Doing Business in Nevada
Nevada Department of Taxation Ask The Advisor Tax Series, 2017 Schedule
- The Nevada Department of Taxation Ask The Advisor Tax Series provides valuable information for all business owners. These free seminars are held monthly. 2017 schedule and more information.
Capital for your Business
Entrepreneur’s Internet Reference
Traffic volumes on specific arterial streets in the LV metro area.
- Data is useful for finding potential, high volume, retail, customer, pass-by exposure.
- Go to REPORTS AND PUBLICATIONS page and click on the word TRINA (Traffic Information.) A bit tricky to use but stay with it.
Listing of available Federal government contracts for vendors and engineers
(There are some qualifications forms required prior to acceptance of proposals. Do this through the Central Contractor Registration office, ccr.gov.)
- This business guide features a listing of regulations, which Nevada-based small businesses must comply with; an explanation of available financing options for your business; what disaster recovery assistance is available, how to find government contracting opportunities and much more.
This section provides information about regulations promulgated by:
- Federal Government Agencies (to be added).
State and local requirements: How to license a business in Southern Nevada (short Version)
State Business License